Configuring myDBR to use MySQL connection over SSL

(7 posts) (3 voices)

Tags:

1. mattbee, Member

I'd like to configure myDBR to talk to MySQL over SSL. The setup wizard doesn't offer SSL as an option, but can I supply some extra parameters in mydbr_config.php to make it happen?

If it's not supported, can anyone suggest a work around? MySQL doesn't use straight SSL so I can't use stunnel. mysql-proxy doesn't support SSL-based client connections. I really don't want to use SSH, but that seems like the next best option.

Any tips appreciated.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Matt,
    for now the best option is use use SSH, as the current version of myDBR does not support MySQL over SSL.

We'll can take a look if the option can be added.

--
    myDBR Team

3. myDBR Team, Key Master

Matt,
    myDBR adds support for SSL in the latest build. To get the version, run the updater.

--
    myDBR Team

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

A minor update to this. Latest build includes an option to use SSL between web server and database without using a client certificate.

--
    myDBR Team

5. jjr, Member

Sorry to follow up this post after so long, but there are no details elsewhere and it seems relevant:

It's great that this is now an option.
    Can you change this setting if MyDBR is already installed, or do you have to reinstall to set this value (and therefore lose data)? I can't find any option to change this in the admin 'Environment Settings' or in the documentation.

Thanks.

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

Just use the 're-run installation' in the Environment settings. myDBR will never touch your reports / data when you re-run the install, so you can safely re-run int.

--
    myDBR Team

7. jjr, Member

Thank you very much for the clarification and quick response.

You must log in to post.