myDBR 2.0 - "Wie geht's?"

(11 posts) (3 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    myDBR Team is happy to announce the the availability of myDBR 2.0 release.

This version brings multilingual support, direct Active Dirctory integration and improved integration support.

myDBR UI is now localized for English, German and Finnish. If you wish to contribute and add your own language, simply check out the documentation. let us know if you wish to include your localization to official myDBR release.

New features include:

• Multilingual support for reports and UI
    • Localized versions for English, German and Finnish
    • Ability to add new localizations
    • Direct Microsoft Active Directory support
    • Embedded report support for external applications

Improvements:

• Improved user extensions support with new example extensions for charts (bubble and polar charts)
    • SQL Editor improvements: ability run multiple commands with single db-connection, support for escaped tables/columns, improvd UI
    • Re-written layout engine for iamge-chart
    • Graphviz chart sizing improvements
    • Telephone number added for users

As always, you can update to new version using the myDBR's automatic updater.

Happy reporting,
    --
    myDBR Team

2. aschwa, Blocked

We've installed myDBR 2.0 and are getting the following message:

"Error Loading ChartDirector for PHP Extension"

We never installed ChartDirector and don't intend to do so.

In our Environment Settings we have in the "Missing Modules" section:

# Image charts (ChartDirectorPHP Extension not installed) Install now

Please advise. Thanks.

3. myDBR Team, Key Master

The added extension example 'echart' extension is causing this for you. We've put 2.0.1 up which loads the ChartDirector only when used. Just do an update and you should be fine.

The extension gives you some extra chart types and example how to create your own. As example a radar chart:

Sorry for missing this one.
    --
    myDBR Team

4. aschwa, Blocked

Hmm. It's not prompting me to upgrade to 2.0.1

When I click About-Update Now-Start, I get:

Please make sure that C:\Apache2\htdocs\mydbr is writable to your web server.
    Once you have granted write permissions to your web server try again and click refresh.

The following files and directories are currently not writable to your web server

C:\Apache2\htdocs\mydbr

I've checked the permissions on the files and everything looks OK. I also just upgraded to 2.0.0, so it seems somewhat unlikely that I created a permissions issue between 2.0.0 and 2.0.1.

5. myDBR Team, Key Master

The update info is still 2.0.0. We did not update that one.

myDBR 2.0 changed the way how it checks if it can update itself in Windows server. Earlier versions did not recognize if files were protected with Windows ACL's. Looks like the new check has problems if myDBR's parent directory is not writable (which does not need to be).

To get the 2.0 running for now edit the mydbr/user/extensions/echart/echart.php and move the require_once-line in top into the Ext_EChart function like this.

function Ext_EChart( $id, $options, $dataIn, $colInfo )
    {
    require_once("lib/external/ChartDirector/phpchartdir.php");

Ext_EChartC::create_chart_and_print( $id, $options, $dataIn, $colInfo );
    }

We'll fix the file check.

Again, sorry for the trouble.
    --
    myDBR Team

6. aschwa, Blocked

That works. Thanks.

7. myDBR Team, Key Master

There was a problem with the 2.0.0 version running on Windows-servers. The problem has been fixed in the updated version.

Symptom was that you are not able to update the version automatically. The updater fails to check the permission on mydbr-directory and produces an error message stating:

The following files and directories are currently not writable to your web server
    C:\\{YOURMYDBRPATH}\mydbr

If you are having this problem, download updated version and replace the version manually. Keep the user-directory, so any modifications you have possibly made is preserved.

--
    myDBR Team

8. aschwa, Blocked

Thanks.

How do I "replace the version manually"? I tried using all of the new files except mydbr_config.php

I got:
    "Database version (2.0.0) does not match the application version (2.1.0). Quitting."

9. myDBR Team, Key Master

Now you have the new application but old database, so you also need to update the database to latest version. Change 'SETUP_DONE' to false in mydbr_config.php and this will invoke the installer next time you access myDBR.

Also when doing manual updates, you can preserve the user-directory to keep any customization you might have done there.

Using myDBR's automatic updater makes life much easier.

--
    myDBR Team

10. aschwa, Blocked

That worked. Thanks.

You must log in to post.