Linked reports - inline

(9 posts) (3 voices)
  1. jberic, Member

I want to make linked report which is opened on same page. I have found in documentation that 'inline' option for dbo.report will do the job:
    "Predefined inline will display the linked report in a row below the linked row. A new row is added to the table report where the content is shown."
    But, when i do this, all I have is new (empty) row created and linked report displayed as popup. Basically, same as with 'popup' option.

Also, 'new_popup' option is displaying new popup for each link but each new popup is displayed over previous one and they cannot be moved independently.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

How does yout dbr.report call look like? Do you have user enterable parameters for the inline?

You should be able to move any popup independently. See the demo for an example.

--
    myDBR Team

3. jberic, Member

My dbr.report looks like the one in 'demo'. Linked report has a input parameter which has to be entered by user if run as separate report.
    The thing is - everything is working ok (linking), except inline report is not inline but popup and popup cannot be moved independently. So, I guess linking is ok, but something else is not working?
    I should mention that I am running community version (want to test all needed options before purchase) - but linked reports should be working in this version if I understand documentation correctly.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

The Commnunity version is limited to one linked report, but should not affect inline report nor the moving of the popups. There is something else causing this for you, but without seeing the code, it is bit hard to tell what that is.

As you see in the demo, both inline reports and moving of the popups work just fine.
    --
    myDBR Team

5. philw102, Member

hi

did jberic resolve the issue, it sounds like the same problem i have .

my code is

DROP PROCEDURE IF EXISTS sp_DBR_TF_Site_Description
    $$
    CREATE PROCEDURE `sp_DBR_TF_Site_Description`()
    BEGIN

select 'dbr.report', 'sp_DBR_TF_PHR_Project_Prog', 'inline', 'progressproject_code=Code';
    #select 'dbr.report', 'sp_DBR_TF_PHR_Project_Issues', 'issueproject_code=Code';
    #select 'dbr.report', 'sp_DBR_TF_PHR_Project_actions', 'actionproject_code=Code';
    #select 'dbr.report', 'sp_DBR_TF_PHR_Project_risks', 'riskproject_code=Code';

select
    v.Code as 'Code',
    v.Description as 'Description',
    v.Status as 'Status',
    v.Stage as 'Stage',
    v.`Initiated Date` as 'Initiated Date',
    v.`Closed Date` as 'Closed Date',
    v.`Completed Date` as 'Completed Date'
    from reporttest.vw_prj01 v;

END
    $$

calling this report

DROP PROCEDURE IF EXISTS sp_DBR_TF_PHR_Project_Prog
    $$
    CREATE PROCEDURE `sp_DBR_TF_PHR_Project_Prog`( progressproject_code varchar(45))
    BEGIN

select
    v.`Progress Code` as 'Progress Code',
    v.`Progress Description` as 'Progress Description',
    v.`Logged By` as 'Logged By',
    v.`Progress Date` as 'Progress Date'
    from reporttest.vw_prj04 v
    where project_code = progressproject_code;

END
    $$

hope someone can spot the mistake, i'm sure it is obvious but ive been staring at it for hours now. :-)

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

So what exactly is the problem? The code itself looks ok.

Are you using the Community or the Premium version?

--
    myDBR Team

7. philw102, Member

hi

i'm using the community version at the moment to test.

The problem i have is i get a blank row where i expect the report to show, but then the report still opens as a popup.

--

8. myDBR Team, Key Master

This was actually a limitation of the Community license. We've now lifted the restriction and if you run the automatic updater, your code should be fine.

--
    myDBR Team

9. philw102, Member

that's great news thank you.

You must log in to post.