wkhtmltopdf installation on Mac OS X 10.8

(7 posts) (3 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. TICCTech, Member

I am having problems with PDF formatting and I want to install WKHTMLTOPDF but I cannot find any clear installation instructions. I want it installed on our Mac Mountain Lion server so that it is accessible by anyone on the network using MyDBR. I have the files downloaded and unzipped but I need to know where to put them on the server. Thanks I have searched the forum but I cannot find anything.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    The OS X version is compiled as an application bundle and the actual binary is inside the bundle.

What you can do is to download the version (currently available in Google Code) and place the application bundle into /usr/local/bin.

In order to myDBR to find the binary, you will put following entry in the mydbr/user/defaults.php pointing to the binary:

$mydbr_defaults['export']['wkhtmltopdf']['command']='/usr/local/bin/wkhtmltopdf.app/Contents/MacOS/wkhtmltopdf';

--
    myDBR Team

3. thang, Member

hello,

I tried as instructed by myDBR Team, but without success. Could you please explain in more details? I'm using MAMP pro on Mac 10.9.2

Thanks,
    Thang.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Which part of the installation did you have trouble with? What have you done so far?

--
    myDBR Team

5. thang, Member

I think I messed up, I tried to install extentions for mydbr (chartdirectory, graphiz, wkhtmltopdf) from many instruction sources, and now nothing worked :(

A detailed instruction on how to install/enable extentions (working for mydbr) for MAMP on Mac would be of great help.

Thanks,
    Thang.

6. TICCTech, Member

Thanks for your reply to my original post above. I am just now getting back to this issue. I am looking on my Mountain Lion server and I do not see /usr/local/bin. I have /usr/local and /usr/bin but not /usr/local/bin.Do I just create it or am I looking in the wrong place?I am logged in as root, and it looks like it is a hidden folder. I think I am in the right place.
    Thanks

7. myDBR Team, Key Master

You can choose the location of the wkhtmltopdf-program yourself, as you can set the full path in myDBR settings. If you want, you can put wkhtmltopdf also to Applications-folder.

Btw, newer versions of wkhtmltopdf (>=0.12.0) are no longer being distributed as an application bundle but as normal executeables.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.