Error in database operation. Contact your admin

(2 posts) (2 voices)
  1. mp, Member

We had a master, slave setup. Since running reports on master affect our production performance, we pointed mydbr to slave and added many reports. Master still had mydbr DB, which was not getting updated, but, mydbr DB on slave was getting updated. Our App DB on slave got corrupted and we were getting 'Got error -1' on mydbr link too. So, we restored master snapshot on slave and our production DB is fine now.

1. Restored mydbr backup from slave (mysqldump without routines). MyDBR connected to DB, but giving error 'procedures missing'
    2. Renamed proc.MYD and proc.MYI files and copied the files from the earlier DB volume. I could see all missing procedures.But, myDBR gives 'Databse error, contact admin'
    3. Dropped mydbr DB, mounted previous slave volume on another mysql server, took mysqldump of mydbr with routines and restored on the current slave. Still myDBR gives 'Databse error, contact admin'

Mydbr works fine if I point it to the previous slave volume mounted on the new server.But, I need it on the current slave, where my production DB is running fine.

Please help.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

MySQL stores the procedures in mysql.proc table. You should see that the routines are restored. if you run installer again, myDBR will re-create all it's own routines (identified by sp_MyDBR*). In addition you should restore your own report procedures (identified by sp_DBR*).

You can see if your procedures are resotored simply by checking if they show up in the editor.

If you have problems with starting myDBR, you can simply re-run the installer and myDBR re-creates the needed routines.

If you get generic error message 'Error in database operation. Contact your admin.' you either are not logged in as admin (admin get's more verbose) or myDBR has not yet been able to connect to database to determine if the user trying to log in is an admin. If you add follwing entry to mydbr/user/defaults.php:

$mydbr_defaults['db_connection']['show_verbose_error_messages_to_all_users'] = true;

You will get more detailed error message.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.