Procedure gets dropped on execution

(4 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. Deepak, Member

Hi,

I have created a new report, everything works fine on the existing report. But when i try to add any new query or linked report and execute the procedure gets 'Dropped'. My procedure currently has 1974 lines. I have other reports close 1500 rows which i had no issues.

Below is the error i get when i add any query or linked report,
    Report procedure 'sp_DBR_DEMAND_SYS_39_V1_21' does not exists in the database. Make sure the procedure is correctly created.

I have observed the report usually gets dropped when there is a syntax error and we have an alert with color red highlighted at the top bar. In my case there is no syntax error but still the procedure is dropped.

I had recently upgraded to 4.0 by renewing my licence, please let me know any possible fix for this issue.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    the way stored procedures work (in all databases) is that when you modify an existing procedure, it is first dropped and then re-created. If your procedure code contains syntax errors, it will not be created.

When you edit a procedure inside myDBR and click Execute (procedure drop + create), myDBR will flag you with red indicator that there was a problem with execution and shows you the error message.

If you want to go vack to original procedure code, your will find it behind "Original"-tab and. The 4.1 release from April also includes full command and procedure history where you will find your edited code even if you have accidentally closed the browser window.

--
    myDBR Team

3. Deepak, Member

Hi,

I get that but after i edit the existing procedure myDBR does not flag as there is no error in the linked report syntax or any query i am trying to add. If there is a syntax myDBR should flag in my case it does not.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    myDBR will show all errors and flag if there was one (reported by the database). In successful edit, no error flag is shown and you will see two "Query execution time" measures in the bottom of the edit window: one for the drop, the second for the procdure creation.

Please note that the editor executes full edit buffer if no text is selected, or the selected text if selection is active.

If you have a problem with a specific report creation, send a report code to support and we'll take a look at it.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.