Empty report when accessed directly

(4 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. gabem, Member

We have a fairly basic report that is set up for direct url access (just like many of our other reports) but for this particular report, the excel file that is exported is empty of data -- though it does have the column headings.

Essentially, when the report is accessed while logged in and authenticated, it returns data -- when accessed without being logged in, it does not return data.

We have a lot of other reports in use that are set up like this and they still work fine -- the only difference I can see with this one is that there are two date parameters for this report.

The report url looks like:

report.php?i=1&r=246&u1=04-04-2014&u2=06-05-2014&m=8&h=84aab21ac4b24c2a34844ed75b4f57755fe3c25e&export=xls

We have the options for "all logged in users" and "direct url access" checked off.

What could be wrong here?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Gabe,
    when a report is executed by a logged in user, the language and formatting used by the report is defined by the user's preference. This includes also the report parameters.

When a direct access report is executed by an user that has not been logged in, by default, myDBR uses en_US formatting. One can also define the language to be used in the report by adding '&lang=es_ES' (Spanish) to the URL.

In your case you have a direct access report with dates formatted as '04-04-2014'. You can either choose the language for the report, or pass the dates in en_US format (2014-04-04).

--
    myDBR Team

3. gabem, Member

Thanks for the info.

Shouldn't en_US formatting be mm/dd/yy? If not, what is it?

And can you point me to where I can see what date format is associated with what language/locale?

Thanks,

Gabe

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

You can take a look at the formatting defaults from:

select * from mydbr_languages

Users can choose the formatting of their choise from the preferences.
    --
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.