Use a different unix_socket

(4 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. mgomes, Member

Hello,

I have just download myDBR, and i'm trying to install it.
    No problem with any requirement, my only problem is i can not set a different unix socket...
    With some web application, i have only to use as host: 'localhost:/mnt/myfolder/mydb.sock'.
    Some others need to edit code ...

But with myDBR, as the first solution don't work, i search in all files... but i don't find any file which initiate connection to Database.
    So, i can not install myDBR on my server.

Thanks for your help
    Marco

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Marco,
    assuming you are connecting to MySQL database. nyDBR uses mysqli to connect to the database. To define the socket to be used, set mysqli.default_socket in your php.ini.

The localhost:/mnt/myfolder/mydb.sock format was used in now deprecated original MySQL API extension.

--
    myDBR Team

3. myDBR Team, Key Master

Latest build allows for you to specify the MySQL socket as well, so you can use non-default socket.

--
    myDBR Team

4. mgomes, Member

Hello, i'm working on a shared server, so i can not modify php.ini, without ahve impact on all websites...

I've tried to create .htaccess in the root of mydbr folder with this values:

php_value mysql.default_socket "/app/siteadm/data/db/sadmdb.sock"
    php_value mysqli.default_socket "/app/siteadm/data/db/sadmdb.sock"

But it not work...

So i modify the configuration of the virtualhost create to test mydbr, and it's works now :)

Thanks to have add it to the latest build, it will be more simple :)

You must log in to post.