Report with form

(4 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. Nithin, Member

Hi,

We have recently acquired a premium license of myDBR. However, I could not find documentation for some of the things I would like to do with my reports. It would be great to have some clarification on these things:

1. I would like to know if I can create a report like "Report categories" page where there would be a form underneath and a report with some data on top.

2. Is it possible to pass the username of the logged in user into the stored procedure.

3. Is it possible to create an audit of user actions like adding a row/deleting a row.

4. Is it possible to wrap myDBR user creation with some additional functionality. Lets say, I would like to add the user credentials into a custom table whenever a new user is created.

Any pointers to these things would be really helpful.

-Nithin.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

1. I would like to know if I can create a report like "Report categories" page where there would be a form underneath and a report with some data on top.

You can use a linked report to bring up a dialog with form.

2. Is it possible to pass the username of the logged in user into the stored procedure.

Yes, take a look at Automatic parameter.

3. Is it possible to create an audit of user actions like adding a row/deleting a row.

When your report deletes/adds a row, you can record the user doing that. You can use Automatic parameter to identify the user.

4. Is it possible to wrap myDBR user creation with some additional functionality. Lets say, I would like to add the user credentials into a custom table whenever a new user is created.

There is no extension framework in default user creation. If you want to do a additional actions to the created user, you do not need to use default user creation form. All myDBR internal structures are usable from your reports / external applications.

--
    myDBR Team

3. Nithin, Member

Linked reports is certainly one way to do that. In doing so, a popup dialog will be opened for adding new record. But what I need is something like "Report categories" page where the form resides at the bottom of the page by default. I would like to know if that can be achieved.

You can use a linked report to bring up a dialog with form.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

You can do that as well if you like. What would be required that you invoke the dialog using JavaqScript and use CSS to style the dialog to be placed where you want it to be.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.