Linked reports

(5 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. Nithin, Member

Hi,

I have a query regarding the creation of linked reports. If I have two reports with procedures A, B. I can link report B into report A using a field. But If I remove the report attached to procedure B, the linkage does not work in report A as well. I don't understand the reason for this. Is it supposed to work that way?

-Nithin

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Yes, that is how it works.

All linked reports need to be defined as reports in myDBR. myDBR will check if user is allowed to use the linked report based on permissions to the linked report. This way you can have the same report with different functionality (for example some users can edit data, some just to look at it) for different users / user groups.

--
    myDBR Team

3. Nithin, Member

I agree with your point. But I don't want to expose the linked report which actually edits/inserts data into the main report. Is there a way to do that. Is there a way to grant those permissions from backend in the mysql table.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

You can put the linked report to a folder users do not have access to. This way it can only be accessed via the link.

--
    myDBR Team

5. Nithin, Member

Cool. That works for me.

You must log in to post.