Minimum client requirements

(4 posts) (2 voices)
  1. ajdjackson, Member

Hi

Are there any Minimum client requirements?

I've come across an issue where I have a linked report triggered by the user clicking a column - 'event = click','popup'

On several computers running Windows Vista Business the originating report is not clickable (no link apparent). This is present in both IE and Chrome. I've looked through IE settings but there doesn't appear to be any setting that would cause this and Chrome's settings are plain vanilla.

I've also tried linking without the popup parameter but that made no difference.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Jake

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Jake,
    there is no minimum client requirements (other than very old browsers IE6/IE7 are no longer supported).

If the link is missing, the most common cause for this is that user does not have privileges to the linked report -> the link is not generated.

If you do think it is a client (=browser) issue, send us the generated HTML code, the report code using '&export=sql' and the exact browser version that the user is using.

--
    myDBR Team

3. ajdjackson, Member

Thanks - not having privileges was the cause - doh!

Stupidly thinking that linked reports carried same privileges as their parent.

Saved me hours tinkering with client browser settings.

Cheers

Jake

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Each report, including the linked ones, have their own set of privileges. This allows for you to serve the same report with different functionality. One user may only be able see the data, whereas other can update the data directly from the report.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.