inline Report Linking Position

(9 posts) (3 voices)
  1. ajdjackson, Member

Hi

Hopefully an easy answer to this one ;)

I have a crosstab report with a large number of columns. I link an inline report for more details from one of the left-most columns. This is all working fine except the inline report is 'centred' with respect to the large crosstab table whereas I would like it to left-align to the column from which the report is linked. (Hope you follow that).

I've tried using 'dbr.css','select 'dbr.css', '.inline {display:inline-block; margin-left:0px;}' etc but it made no different.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Jake

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Jake,
    the solution depends a bit what your content for the inline report is. If it is a normal result set, you can do:

select 'dbr.resultclass', 'left';

to the linked report's result set.

--
    myDBR Team

3. ajdjackson, Member

Thanks that worked.

The report is now tightly aligned to left side of screen.

Is it possible to indent it by, say, 20px?

Thanks

Jake

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Just define your own class for it:

select 'dbr.css', '.left20 {margin-left:20px}';

and use it in linked report.

--
    myDBR Team

5. ajdjackson, Member

Hi

That didn't make any difference - still tight to the left side of screen.

Below is the linked report code.

Thanks

Jake

select 'dbr.resultclass', 'left'; select 'dbr.css', '.left20 {margin-left:20px}'; select 'dbr.title',''; select 'dbr.hdr','Site'; select 'dbr.crosstab', 'Period'; select 'dbr.colstyle','Sales','%0.0f'; select 'dbr.colstyle','Spend','%0.0f'; select 'dbr.colstyle','GBP','%0.0f'; select 'dbr.hsum','Sales','Spend','GBP'; select 'dbr.sum','Sales','Spend','GBP';

select a.SiteName as 'Site[Site]', a.Plot as 'Plot[Plot]', date_format(a.Period,'%y-%m') as 'Period[Period]', ifnull(a.Sales,0) as 'Sales[Sales]', ifnull(a.MSpend,0) as 'Spend[Spend]', ifnull(a.Sales,0) - ifnull(a.MSpend,0) as 'Net[GBP]'

from cashflow_sum_tmp a where a.SiteName = inSiteName and (ifnull(a.Sales,0) > 0 or ifnull(a.MSpend,0) > 0) order by 3;

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

In addition to defining the class, you should also use it:

select 'dbr.resultclass', 'left20';

You can define the class in the main report. It is effective in linked in reports as well.

--
    myDBR Team

7. ajdjackson, Member

Thanks - works great.

Jake

8. john, Member

using either of these solutions with select 'dbr.keepwithnext'; causes reports to revert to being centered. is there another way to use keepwithnext and change alignment ?

9. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    you can override the .inline_report_cell classes text-align. Put

select 'dbr.css', '.inline_report_cell {text-align:left}';

into your main report.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.