Upgrade community license to 4.3.1 error in utils.php

(7 posts) (2 voices)
  1. jcstevens, Member

Good morning,

I ordered a new community license this morning and it came with a required update from 4.3.0 to 4.3.1. When I click 'Update myDBR', I get the following page and error:
    url: ...mydbr/install/?controller=update
    error: Fatal error: Call to a member function key() on a non-object in ...mydbr\lib\utils.php on line 2737

Any ideas?

2. jcstevens, Member

Hi all,

My install has been down for an hour now. Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix this call to a non-object member function?

Thanks,
    Johnny

3. myDBR Team, Key Master

Johnny,
    this is a problem that has been fixed in 4.3.1. It may happen when you do not have a valid license installed. You can download a new copy and let it update your installation.

--
    myDBR Team

4. jcstevens, Member

This error occurred when I was using the web updater within myDBR.

When you say "download a new copy," are you referring to downloading a whole new copy of myDBR or can I just request a new license and use the web updater again?

5. myDBR Team, Key Master

Your version is older than the version for the current licenses, so you should download a new copy.

--
    myDBR Team

6. jcstevens, Member

That worked. So what is the normal update process for the community version? (I'm still awaiting the approval to purchase the full version).

7. myDBR Team, Key Master

The update process is the same for Community and for the Premium version.

What you experienced, was a bug in that particular build which happened when you were trying to update a server without a license. The bug was already fixed when you updated, you just had the older build.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.