Dynamic Linked Report base on value?

(7 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. spyhunter88, Member

Hi,

1. There is an issue here: while the value is null/empty, all linked report still appear when click in an empty area.

Another, I think it'll be very helpful if I can set linked store procedure base on value in this column or others.

The easy part I think is set it base on a reference column. Like:
    select 'dbr.report', '[Ref1]', 'new_popup'

OR more complex like
    select 'dbr.report', 'IF([Ref1]=1,'','')'

2. And, sometime with amount of link reports, I like to use a table to provide all report link. But in some link, there're some parameters missing, I can not set it to empty and must use un-used parameter.
    select * from temp_linked_report
    It'll be very nice if I can ignore this error in particular report (or global but I think for each report is what I really need now).

Another, the backstick for Code block does not work, and the Code block does not insert new line. :D
    Thanks,

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

There is an issue here: while the value is null/empty, all linked report still appear when click in an empty area

Hi,
    we did not quite understand what means. Could you elaborate?

The easy part I think is set it base on a reference column. Like: select 'dbr.report', '[Ref1]', 'new_popup'

You can use variable in place of direct report procedure. Using ColumnReference would mean that each report row could have different linked report. When applying that to for example cross tab, things would get soon complicated.

Another, the backstick for Code block does not work, and the Code block does not insert new line.

What do you mean by these?

--
    myDBR Team

3. spyhunter88, Member

Hi,

Sorry for not declare. The first issue is in the report. I think this's my issue due my requirement, not myDBR's issue. In report linked column, some value is null or blank (string), and all report link is only drill-down value, and my customer want it does not appear in row that does not have value.

And the last one is the forum's issue, maybe. I tried again and again and see it works now.

Thanks,

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Sorry for not declare. The first issue is in the report. I think this's my issue due my requirement, not myDBR's issue. In report linked column, some value is null or blank (string), and all report link is only drill-down value, and my customer want it does not appear in row that does not have value.

if you do not want linked report to be attached to certain rows / cells, you can use the rowclass / cellclass "no_link".

--
    myDBR Team

5. spyhunter88, Member

Hi,
    Is there any option to easy set cellclass base on row value without add a new column combine with calculate and hide?
    I use several columns of color, and now with several columns of no_link will make it more complicate and hard to maintain. Like below:

select 'dbr.hidecolumn', 'color'; select 'dbr.calc', 'color', '[A]>[B]?\'text_red\':\'text_green\''; select 'dbr.cellclass', 'Col', 'color';

Can be easier with below or another dbr-command:
    select 'dbr.cellclass', 'Col', '[A]>[B]?\'text_red\':\'text_green\'';

By now, I have 3 value columns with linked report, 6 columns with color by its value. So I must have 9 hide columns to define all color and 'no_link' class. :(
    Nice to see if any plan to this function.

Thanks,

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    dbr.calc and dbr.cellclass are two separate things and there is no plan on combining those two.

Please note that you do not need to use dbr.cacl, you can use plain SQL to do the comparision. Just do:

select 'dbr.cellclass', 'Col', 'color';

select Col, if(ColA>ColB, 'text_red', 'text_green' ) as 'color'
    from mytable;

--
    myDBR Team

7. spyhunter88, Member

Yep, I usually use IF condition in query rather than dbr.calc, but I must use dbr.calc for crosstab total column.

Thanks,

You must log in to post.