Editor Gets Lost when editing large stored procedures

(5 posts) (3 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. Ken, Member

When editing large stored procedures, the synchronization between where you are editing and selecting code, and what is displayed as the selected area, gets out of sync. Also, the editor will not display all of the code. You can't scroll down to the bottom.

This was occurring while editing using Firefox 35.0.1. I did not test this in any other browser.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

How large is a large stored procedure in your definition in terms of lines / characters?

--
    myDBR Team

3. nsepetys, Member

was going to comment that I have the same issue in chrome but it seems like you already found my original post. unfortunately i cannot delete my post here.

4. Ken, Member

I apologize for not answering sooner. I missed the update/question.

This was happening on various file sizes. None of my procedures are very large. But it seemed to happen whenever the procedure size exceeded the limits of my screen.

With 4.4 being released with an all new editor, we should probably wait to see if that has fixed the issue.

5. myDBR Team, Key Master

The older editor was quite heavy on JavaScript and if you had very large procedures (thousands of lines), it would become slow. The new one is much lighter. It is not recommended to have that big procedures anyways.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.