Export immediately after choosing parameters

(3 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

1. Tom, Member

Hi,

One of my reports is quite large, and the users always want an export in excel. Viewing it in the browser first is unnecessary, so it's a waste of time to first have to download and generate the report in HTML (it's a table of 38k rows, which they want to analyse using excel pivot and so on).

I know I can add &export=xlsx to the URL to get an export, but the user should first have to choose the parameters from the input boxes.

Then, instead of clicking the "Generate report" button and getting a huge HTML file first, with only then the option to export, I would like it if they could choose the format in a dropdown list above/below the Generate button, so they get the result immediately in the format they want.

Would it be possible for you to add such feature?

Best regards

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi Tom,
    one option would be to set the report output format to Excel (or CSV is the file is that big) from default HTML in edit report options.

--
    myDBR Team

3. Tom, Member

Hi,

I see, that creates the &export=xlsx url automatically when I watch the parameter window. I assumed that the export parameter would only work for the report when it was being generated.

I can work with this, thanks!

You must log in to post.