Column Ordering

(3 posts) (2 voices)
  1. nsepetys, Member

Hello myDBR Representative,

First, thank you to all you guys for creating this product. It's been good to see that even as I dive deeper into myDBR there are many features that make more complex reporting easy to do.

I am not sure if this feature exists or if I've missed it in the documentation but I am building a report that has dynamic parameters that allows for a limited (but eventually sizeable) number of columns to be applied to the report based on the user's preference. While the hidecolumn command makes displaying the columns desired fairly easy I still have not been able to determine how to order those columns according to the user's preference. In other words in one report have column A come before column B but in another have column B come before column A.

The only good option I know of at this point is dynamic SQL but I really am striving to stay away from that. Do you guys have any feature that would allow me to do that without using dynamic SQL? If not, I would like to make a feature request for this functionality.

Thanks,
    Noah

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

First of all, glad you like myDBR.

The column ordering can be made via dynamic SQL and is usable for simple lists. For more complex things (cross tabs etc) it will easily be too complex for the user.

Please also note that as the report content is fully dynamic, there is no way of knowing the possible ouput columns automatically before the report is actually run.

We'll put it in as a feature request to see if we can come up something useful here.

--
    myDBR Team

3. nsepetys, Member

Alright. Thanks for considering my request.

You must log in to post.