Using multiple charts simultaneously

(4 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. Tim, Member

Hello,

I'm trying to load multiple reports, each containing multiple charts, in a page using iframes.
    As a result I get some chart images in different reports being served with identical content, although they should be different. I can see the browser requesting different URLs from the server like

/mydbr/lib/mydbr_get_cd_chart.php?img=chart1&id=rlk5hcpavukg7dm3ij2euu4ms05666c7f183132
    /mydbr/lib/mydbr_get_cd_chart.php?img=chart1&id=rlk5hcpavukg7dm3ij2euu4ms05666c7f2dea25

but the resulting images are identical. It seems like the id parameter is just beeing ignored.

When I reload seperate iframes, I get correct result, so this seems to be a timimg issue.
    I have already tried to add embed_image=1 to the urls and also set

$mydbr_defaults['chart']['embed_image'] = true;

in the default.php, but that doesn't make any difference. I can still see the image files being requested by the browser.

Server is Windows 2008 with PHP 5.3.27.

What can I do?

Kind Regards,
    Tim

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

What is the exact myDBR version you are using?

Note that the $mydbr_defaults['chart']['embed_image'] has been replaced by the UI selection 'Use embedded charts' in Environment settings -> Modules.

--
    myDBR Team

3. Tim, Member

Version is myDBR 4.5.3 (build 2816).

I tried to set the switch in environment setting to embed images, but I still can see requests for individual images file like ...mydbr_get_cd_chart.php...

I'm using png images - maybe embedded is restricted to SVG images? That would be no solution, because I need to support IE8 :-/

But anyway, embedded images would be just a workaround. Can't we somehow fix the root cause of identical images beeing generated/served for different requests?

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Embedded is not restricted to SVG images.

IE8 does not support inline images (nor does it support SVG), if you are using it. Please also note that support for IE8 has ended.

Just run the updater to get the lastest release as it has improvements also on image caching (since build 2838).

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.