dbr.title in a dbr.report popup

(5 posts) (2 voices)
  1. ajdjackson, Member

Hi and seasons greetings

I've found a strange issue when I attempt to set a title in a dbr.report popup.

If I only pass one parameter I can create a title for the popup window. However if I add additional parameters the popup's title reverts to the popup report's title.

For example using the following:

CREATE PROCEDURE `sp_DBR_Budget_M2`(inSiteID int) BEGIN

select 'dbr.title',concat('Month 2 data for Site ',(select Site_Name from hilmark.tblsitesjake where Site_ID =inSiteID ));

select 'Hello';

END

The popup's title is as in the 'dbr.title' statement.

When I add additional parameters as

CREATE PROCEDURE `sp_DBR_Budget_M2`(inSiteID int, inUnits int, inSales int) and leave the rest of the code the same the 'dbr.title' statement is ignored and the popup's title is the title of the report (created during creation).

Any thoughts and thanks

Jake

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Jake,
    can you show how you are calling the sp_DBR_Budget_M2 when the title is shown as a popup report's title and the code for the sp_DBR_Budget_M2 when this happens. A simplified version will be fine.

Parameter count should not matter. Make sure the dbr.title is the first result set the linked report returns.

--
    myDBR Team

3. ajdjackson, Member

Hi

I am calling the report as follows:

select 'dbr.report','sp_DBR_Budget_M2','popup','[M2]','inSiteID=SiteID';

and the full sp_DBR_Budget_M2 procedure is as above - I haven't put any code in it yet.

It's weird that when I have only CREATE PROCEDURE `sp_DBR_Budget_M2`(inSiteID int) it works but when I have CREATE PROCEDURE `sp_DBR_Budget_M2`(inSiteID int, inUnits int, inSales int) it doesn't.

Cheers

Jake

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

So you are not passing the parameters, but myDBR is asking the values for them first?

Please note that if you do not pass the parameters, myDBR has to ask the parameter values before it can run the report. At this point the report has not been run yet (no knowledge of the dbr.title). The title of the parameter popup window will be therefore the report's name.

Once the parameters are given and the report has been executed, myDBR shows the actual report result in the same popup and uses the title defined in the report.

--
    myDBR Team

5. ajdjackson, Member

Ah got you.

I wasn't aware of that. Yes I'm only passing one of the parameters and asking user to enter the other two.

Thanks

Jake

You must log in to post.