Issue with lockcolumns command

(7 posts) (3 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. spyhunter88, Member

Hi,

I try to use lockcolumns command with long text. But it works wrong.
    1. First glance, the long text column span to 1 row and override to another column, the text in non-freeze column was mixed with the long text freeze column.
    2. When I scroll to right, the long text column auto adjust its height to let all text can visible in cell. But the non-freeze still get the first height (like 1 row), also, the text keeps mixing.

Thanks,

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    is that a normal table or a crosstab? There was an issue with crosstab where the no-wrap rule was not applied in certain cases. That has been fixed in latest build.

You can run the updater to see if the problem persists. If so, please send the SQL output of the report to support and we'll take a look at it.

In any case a command

select 'dbr.css', 'td.cell {white-space: nowrap}';

should force the rows not to wrap and solve the issue. As said, this is applied automatically.

--
    myDBR Team

3. spyhunter88, Member

Hi,

This is normal table, not crosstab. I will update and report soon.

Thanks.

4. spyhunter88, Member

Hi, I update to latest version (3928).

The second problem is solved. But the first one is not. Long text still stretch out to the non-freeze columns. So they are hard to edit or even read.
    With the Long-text column, I use css "width: 500px, max-width: 500px" to fix the width size.

5. myDBR Team, Key Master

If you, in HTML, set the table cell width to be more narrow than the width of the content, layout engines wrap the text to next line. Now that the cell is set not to allow wrap, the browser overflows the content. You can decide not to overflow by adding following CSS:

overflow:hidden; text-overflow:ellipsis

Overflow disallows the content overflowing and the latter rule show ellipsis if the text is longer than the cell.

--
    myDBR Team

6. ajdjackson, Member

Hi

Sorry to resurrect an old topic but I'm experiencing similar issues as above.

When I lock a column and then horizontally scroll the columns overlap/mesh together.

This used to work before without those issues.

I'm running latest version.

Cheers

Jake

7. myDBR Team, Key Master

Please open a support ticket (via mail) with the SQL output of the report.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.