Adding new line to group_concat

(3 posts) (2 voices)
  1. Ken, Member

I have a request from a customer to place items concatted by a group_concat onto separate lines of a report. I've tried the obvious separator choices, like '\n', '\r\n', '' and none of these are working.

Does anyone have a solution that works with MyDBR?

Here is the current code snippet I'm using:

set @q = CONCAT("select o.transaction_id AS `Transaction ID`, o.invoice_number AS `Order Invoice Number`, iop.order_id AS `Order Number`, concat(u.last_name, ', ', u.first_name) AS `Name`, group_concat(strip_html_tags(p.name) separator '\r\n') AS `Products`, o.paid_total AS `Price Paid`, iop.refund_amount AS `Refund Amount`, DATE_FORMAT(from_unixtime(o.timestamp), '%Y-%m-%d') AS `Date Ordered` from ", CustName, "_c2.orders `o` join ", CustName, "_c2.users `u` ON (u.id = o.user_id) join ", CustName, "_c2.i_orders_products `iop` ON (iop.order_id = o.id) join ", CustName, "_c2.products `p` ON (p.id = iop.product_id) where ((o.paid_total > 0) and (iop.retail_price > 0) and (from_unixtime(o.timestamp) between '", StartDate, " 00:00:00' and '", EndDate, " 23:59:59.999')) group by o.id order by o.timestamp");

PREPARE stmt FROM @q; EXECUTE stmt; DEALLOCATE PREPARE stmt;

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Linefeeds are not by default preserved in HTML table cells. To keep the linefeeds (you can use just '\n'), set CSS for the column:

select 'dbr.colstyle', 'Product', '[white-space:pre]';

--
    myDBR Team

3. Ken, Member

Perfect! That worked.

Thanks for you help on this.

You must log in to post.