Saving as HTML on server predefined path

(6 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. ajitdixit, Member

Using Mydbr I want to create and save HTML report files which can be called on the fly
    As we are able to send mails , can I save generated HTML code in predefined path under some name ?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

if you really want to do that, you would have to use a server side script (using curl/wget) to call the report and save the result in the file.

If you would be doing this for performance reasons, you might want to consider optimizations / pre-calculation instead.

--
    myDBR Team

3. ajitdixit, Member

Can you please illustrate with one sample code

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Pre-calculation? You basically use pre-calculated tables to hold the data in level that the report needs. You can then make the query against that data instead of thge original data if the amount of original data is large or the complexity of the calculations make the report time consuming.

There is no one solution that would fit all purposes, it depends on the situation. Saving HTML versions is not a direction we would recommend though.

--
    myDBR Team

5. ajitdixit, Member

I want integration of Mydbr based system against Call Center. When call comes , it based on the mobile number , it populates data from transnational system
    If I store HTML in server as night job then instead of hitting Mydbr , I can pick prestored HTML file

This is requirement
    Any suggestions

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

And why would you try to avoid using the database (myDBR) and instead want to use the prestored HTML file?

--
    myDBR

You must log in to post.