Multi-Autocomplete List Parameter

(6 posts) (2 voices)
  1. nsepetys, Member

Hello myDBR Representative,

How are you doing? I am running into another scenario that requires the entry of multiple values from a large list for a parameter. Most of the time our users have entered in comma delimited values ("29222, 32433, 53243, 23433"). That works to some extent however it is not a preferred user experience because it is a little messy especially if a user enters even one incorrect/unvalidated value. The multi-select checkbox is great until we start dealing with a datasource with thousands or even hundreds of values to select from (biggest example is zip codes).

I would like to request for a multi-autocomplete parameter to be added to the parameter type choices. I found a basic jquery example that I think would help illustrate, and maybe even provide a platform for the code that could be implemented into the framework. The difference from the above example, that I think would make the experience more streamlined for the users, is to pull the validated text and put it into a separate object adjacent to the autocomplete texbox. Through that method we could potentially have a counter for the total added texts and provide an option to remove each validated piece of text. See below visual for a crude example of what has been suggested:

Let me know if you have any questions.

- Noah

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Noah,
    we'll add that to the requested features list.

--
    myDBR Team

3. nsepetys, Member

Ok. Thank you for considering it!

4. nsepetys, Member

Is there any update on this feature request?

5. myDBR Team, Key Master

No change yet. Let's see what we can do about it.

--
    myDBR Team

6. nsepetys, Member

Alright. Thanks for looking into it!

You must log in to post.