Transitioning from Flash

(8 posts) (3 voices)
  1. nsepetys, Member

Hello myDBR Representative,

How are you doing? Recently the Google Chrome Team announced that, in September, version 53 will be released and by default it will block flash content. With that I'm sure other browsers will start doing much the same (if they have not already). I do not notice a lot of flash content but I know there's some use of it within the myDBR framework. Do you guys have any plans to re-implement those features with html5-based functionality? If so, when should we be looking for those updates?

Thanks,
    Noah

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Noah,
    Flash in myDBR is only used in Community version's charts. When you have a Premium license, all your reports are fully HTML5 (the charts are shown in PNG or in SVG depending on your preference).

--
    myDBR Team

3. nsepetys, Member

Ok. Then maybe we're talking about just one isolated feature - the "Copy to Clipboard" feature seen below:

Will this be updated to html5? Personally I love the option to use it as it's nice when I don't have time to download the export and table formatting is relatively straightforward.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Yes, that's in Flash as that's the only cross-browser feature to support copying to clipboard. We'll change that to JavaScript once all major browsers support this (next version of Safari so that should be quite soon).

--
    myDBR Team

5. nsepetys, Member

Ok. Good to know. Thanks!

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

Noah,
    the latest build no longer uses Flash on copy functionality on browsers which support HTML5 Clipboard API.

--
    myDBR Team

7. nsepetys, Member

Very nice. Thank you for updating quickly.

8. ajdjackson, Member

Let me second that.

I was experiencing issues with the 'flash on copy' with MS Edge so much so that I had to disable flash in the browser settings. Strangely I didn't experience any problems with IE11 that has flash enabled!

Since the update the lagging/not responding issues have gone.

Cheers

Jake

You must log in to post.