Gateway timeout issue

(2 posts) (2 voices)
  1. nsepetys, Member

Hello myDBR Representative,

How are you doing? Every once in a while we have an issue that results in a 504 error "Gateway timeout error". While that mostly has to do with poor performing stored procedures/queries it is the resulting issue that tends to be a headache. Short of deleting the browser history (Cookies and cache) or just waiting it out there seems to be no other solution to the stalled behavior that happens after a 504. The browser seems to get stuck and even attempting to navigate to the myDBR home folder page causes the browser to get locked up spinning as if it cannot load. I know the issue is related to my specific session so is there something I can do to quickly get back on track and get myDBR home and other pages loading without clearing the browser history?

Your advice is appreciated,
    Noah

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

What is the web server you are using?

The ideal solution is to optimize the queries that you would not have 504 errors. You may also take a look at your max_execution_time in php.ini.

Getting 504 errors is by no means normal situation. What happens is that due to slow queries your web server thinks that the database connection has died.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.