report with contains html data just stops

(4 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. kdekkers, Member

I have a report that subtracts html data out of the database.
    my report process that data with dbr.html command

Select distinct
    concat('dbr.html:','[',time(ra.datevalue),'] ',(select raWeergave.multilinehtmlvalue from `937`.registrationanswers raWeergave where raWeergave.questionid = 4252 and raWeergave.registrationid = r.registrationid), concat_ws(' ',' [ AUTEUR: ',p6.lastname,p6.firstname,']')) as 'Detail' ....etc

Now it happens that the data field containing the html data (raWeergave.multilinehtmlvalue) has some values that causes the dbr.html commando to abort with no error message, the report just stops.

Is there a way i can preventing that the report stops ?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

What do you mean that the report "stops"? It does not display the rest of the report?

Most likely cause of this is that the HTML included contains an error (for example an unclosed tag) which results invalid HTML to the report and possible hiding the content.

Try to isolate the issue to one row and see what is causing the problem.

--
    myDBR Team

3. kdekkers, Member

It indeed doesn't displays the rest of the report

The data indeed contains rubble html (copied by users out of outlook web mail) like :

<script>// <![CDATA[ var st = new Date(); var changeLayoutEnabled = false; var appCachedPage = false; window.dateZero = new Date(0); var scriptStart = ((new Date()) - window.dateZero); window.clientId = '8f298ea2-26e4-4e8d-90d7-b499e60bd5d0'; var cid = window.clientId;try{if(window.localStorage!=null){var t=window.localStorage.getItem("cid");if(t){cid=t;}}}catch(e){}; window.corrId = cid + "_" + (new Date()).getTime(); var onunloadbeforeboot = null; window.owaSDState = {}; // If we are loading a specifiv view model, we don't need to invoke seesiondata.ashx var isPopOut = window.location.href.indexOf('ispopout=1') > 0; if (!isPopOut) etc..

So html is probaly not valid.
    Can i force the report to continue even that the data contains bogus html..

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

The invalid JavaScript included wil most likely cause JavaScript errors causing the problems. The proper solution is not to include unknown JavaScript in your reports as, it not only can cause problems, but it also will be a security risk.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.