MYDBR on a 1and1 shared server

(20 posts) (3 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. Hi there

I have successfuly installed ioncube and mydbr on a 1and1 shared server. Nearly...

The php.ini is pointing at /htdocs/ioncube/ , the php.ini in a subdirectory is pointing at it and the phpinfo.php is happy that ioncube is loading.

But the loader.php seems to be looking for the ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so file in the /usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/ directory to which I don't have access.

I've put a <?php echo $loader_name; ?> at the top of the html in loader.php which is returning "ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so". It's all very close but I can't get past the landing page which tells me that ioncube isn't loaded.

I'm guessing I need a patch to the loader.php to tell that the ioncube.

Or is there something esle I should be doing?

Thanks in anticipation.

Tim

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

When myDBR starts it checks if ionCube loader is installed. If if fails to find the loader, it runs the loader.php which checks your setup and gives instructions how to complete the loader installation. If the loader exists, the loader.php is not used.

So it sounds like your loader is not installed. Your php_info() should list ionCube Loader as an installed module. Follow the ionCube installation helper to complete the installation.

--
    myDBR Team

3. This is an extract from phpinfo.ini:

This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
    Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
    with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.0.14, Copyright (c) 2002-2011, by ionCube Ltd.

Which seems to be saying that Ioncube is loaded (as I said above).

So how do I bypass the loader.php?

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

If you are are still directed to loader.php, then there is a problem with the loader.

What is the output of the unmodified loader.php?

--
    myDBR Team

5. Not sure what you mean:

http://xxxx/reporting/install/

is the live page

http://xxxx/reporting/phpinfo.php

php.ini is in the same directory

zend_extension=/kunden/homepages/19/d373190970/htdocs/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

Edit: removed the host name

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

OK.
    The loader is not loaded when the page /reporting/install/index.php is loaded. Therefore myDBR redirects the request to loader.php.

As the loader seems to load just fine at /reporting directory, it looks like the php.ini only affects to the directory where it is defined.

Talk to 1and1 support. Many hosting companies support ionCube loader directly.

--
    myDBR Team

7. Solved it.

the php.ini also needs to be in the install folder.

Simple really.

8. myDBR Team, Key Master

You might still want to talk to 1and1 support for better solution than duplicating php.ini on all needed directories.

Please note that there are more directories that are affected (apps, apps_v and lib at least) as myDBR makes ajax calls from these directories.

--
    myDBR Team

9. Agreed. But in my experience 1and1 are better at sales than support...

For the time being I shall carpet bomb directories with the php.ini file.

Thanks for the help

10. ajdjackson, Member

Hi

Sorry to resurrect an old topic.

I've just installed mydbr on a 1and1 shared server. It doesn't look like the set-up has changed since the original post. I had to 'carpet bomb' all the mydbr directories with a php.ini that loads ionCube.

Just discovered that I will now have to do the same for chartdirector :(

I have initially put the modified php.ini in the root directory and the mydbr one.

Do I have to put in all the other mydbr subdirectories or have you a list of directories from where chartdirector would be called.

Is it the same for wkhtmltopdf?

Cheers

Jake

11. myDBR Team, Key Master

Here is a relatively new blog post from ionCube regarding 1&1 servers.

http://blog.ioncube.com/2016/08/03/faq-ioncube-loader-installation-11-hosting/

wkhtmltopdf is not an PHP extension, so no need to define it in php.ini.

--
    myDBR Team

12. ajdjackson, Member

Hi

Yes - this was what I followed. Still was a pain as the php.ini file had to be copied into all (well I did them all) mydbr sub-directories.

It looks like I'll have to do the same for ChartDirector now. Should I copy it again into all mydbr sub-directories or is there a sub-set that needs it?

How would I install wkhtmltopdf? I don't have sudo access.

Thanks

Jake

13. myDBR Team, Key Master

You should not need to configure ChartDirector other places than in myDBR root.

wkhtmltopdf is just an application that you copy to filesystem. Make sure PHP has access to the direcory and define the path in defaults.php. See documentation.

--
    myDBR Team

14. ajdjackson, Member

Hi

I've tried to install wkhtmltopdf as per documentation but still no luck. (Probably to do with my complete ignorance of Linux).

I downloaded WKHTMLTOPDF from the link. I choose the 64bit version.

I uploaded the unzipped folder to the root of my site.

I have added the following to defaults.php -
    $mydbr_defaults['export']['wkhtmltopdf']['command'] = '"./wkhtmltox/bin/wkhtmltopdf"';

I've tried .. but still no good.

Can you help.

Thanks

Jake

15. myDBR Team, Key Master

If you run "./wkhtmltox/bin/wkhtmltopdf -V" from the command line, what is the output?

--
    myDBR Team

16. ajdjackson, Member

Hi

I get the following:

wkhtmltopdf 0.12.3 (with patched qt)

I also ran the following ./wkhtmltox/bin/wkhtmltopdf http://www.google.com test.pdf and it created the pdf ok.

Just not working with mydbr :(

Cheers

Jake

17. myDBR Team, Key Master

You can test the PHP's access to the wkhtmltopdf with the mydbr/tools/troubleshoot/wkhtmltopdf.php script. It should print out you the same version string (with location of the command and return value).

--
    myDBR Team

18. ajdjackson, Member

Hi

This is the output

string(29) ""./wkhtmltox/bin/wkhtmltopdf"" int(127)

Cheers

Jake

19. myDBR Team, Key Master

Jake,
    instead of a relative path "./wkhtmltox/bin/wkhtmltopdf", put the full path to the command.

--
    myDBR Team

20. ajdjackson, Member

Thanks - that worked.

Jake

You must log in to post.