Charts are all black and no text with ChartDirector

(5 posts) (3 voices)
  1. adamhaeder, Member

This may be a ChartDirector question rather than a mydbr question, but I'll start here.

I'm creating a column bar chart. With these options:

select 'dbr.chart', 'Column','Lead Sources for Qualified Leads','800','500'; select 'dbr.chart.options', 'flashchart'; select 'dbr.chart.options', 'rotateNames', '45';

it looks like this which is fine. With these options:

select 'dbr.chart', 'Column','Lead Sources for Qualified Leads','800','500'; select 'dbr.chart.options', 'imagechart'; select 'dbr.chart.options', 'rotateNames', '45';

it looks like this, which is not so fine.

I've tried additional options:

select 'dbr.chart', 'Column','Lead Sources for Qualified Leads','800','500'; select 'dbr.chart.options', 'imagechart'; select 'dbr.chart.options', 'rotateNames', '45'; select 'dbr.chart.options', 'shading', 'RoundedEdgeShading'; select 'dbr.chart.options', 'background_color', 'FFFFFF'; select 'dbr.chart.options', 'title_font', 'Helvetica';

but it's still all black. Do I have to specifically define things like 'label_font' and 'label_font_color' and 'label_font_size'? If so, what format are the font names in? I assumed that there would be some sane defaults (like with the flash charts), but all I'm seeing is black. Thanks

2. adamhaeder, Member

Ok, I'm not sure what's going on here. Before I made my original post, I used the 'upgrade' option to upgrade mydbr. It wasn't really an upgrade as it turns out, since I already had the latest version, but the 'black' problems started after that. I ended up restoring my 'mydbr' folder from before the upgrade, and now the image charts look fine. So I'm not sure what the upgrade did to cause this charting issue, but restoring to a previous copy has fixed it. I'll try the upgrade again next time a new version comes out and see if it happens again.

3. adamhaeder, Member

Ok, I'm an idiot, and I will document my idiotness here so perhaps other people can learn from it.

I needed to make a few changes to the 'mydbr_default' array (set title, active directory options, etc). Well, I didn't want to make the change in the file defaults.php, because that gets over-written in an upgrade. Instead, I wanted to make them in the file user/defaults.php, which is upgrade safe. In my infinite wisdom, I added these lines to user/defaults.php:

$mydbr_defaults = array ( 'active_directory_mydbr_groups' => 'MYADGROUP', 'active_directory_mydbr_admin_group' => 'MYADADMINGROUP' );

when instead I should have used this syntax:
    $mydbr_defaults['active_directory_mydbr_groups'] = 'MYADGROUP'; $mydbr_defaults['active_directory_mydbr_admin_groups'] = 'MYADADMINGROUP';

because the first one REDEFINES the mydbr_default array to hold ONLY those 2 values. If you look at the file mydbr/defaults.php, you'll see that the mydbr_defaults array hold many, many nice default values, which I had completely overwritten by this syntax. I changed the syntax to the 2nd one above and everything looks fine.

So..... don't be an idiot like me and redefine the mydbr_defaults array.

4. mleary2001, Member

I can see how to get to defaults.php by clicking on "Server side files", then looking in the drop down list, but how does one get to user/defaults.php?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

5. myDBR Team, Key Master

Mike,
    all files under "Server side files" are the files in mydbr/user-directory. When you see defaults.php in the drop down list, it's the file mydbr/user/defaults.php.

The reason for this is that all user modifications should be made into files under mydbr/user-directory, which is not touched during the update. You can then safely override defaults, create your own styles, templates etc. For example, the mydbr/user/defaults.php file is used to override the original myDBR defaults at mydbr/defaults.php.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.