Why is the install so difficult?

(2 posts) (2 voices)
  1. Sean OBriant, Member

Work on your documentation.
    So, I set up a new server, I did all the pre-reqs (which takes forever), I download the wizard, extract it to my wwwroot folder on my IIS server. I browse to the file location and...nothing.
    I have no interest in becoming an expert on installing the software. I just want to install it and give it a demo so we can see if it will meet our needs. Pretty simple goal. Fairly ridiculous levels of complication combined with over simplified directions that don't actually provide anything close to a step by step walk through. Additionally the marketing department has obviously spent a good bit of adwords money to ensure that any reference to myDBR goes to one of their sites, instead of to a blog of someone who might actually guide you on how to install the application. Thanks marketing and sales.
    Add it all up, and I can't for the life of me determine why I would continue trying to install this for a demo, much less purchase the software for future use.
    Work on your documentation.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Sorry to hear that you had problems with the installation.

The install wizard will guide you through the installation, but as myDBR is a web application, you need to have a web server with PHP running before you can actually run the install wizard. If your browser does not display anything when accessing your myDBR installation, check the webserver error log for any errors.

We are more than happy to assist you with the install. We've sent you a mail for more information about your setup.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.