Stored procedures

(3 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. elb98rm, Member

So, here's a question:

My organisation is possibly going to be getting a license of MyDbr, so I've been trialling the community edition.
    I've noticed that you refer to the "searches/queries you've made" as "stored procedures".

• Are you *just* using stored procedures, or are your "stored procedures" more than that (eg - extra information in a table). If not:
    • Can I reference stored procedures inside other databases, or do they need to be stored with the MyDBR database?

Being able to create the query logic in isolation from the query display program would be very useful in some circumstances.
    We'd ideally like to reference external written sp [as well as tinker with your ones]...

For example, our DB analyst would especially like to do this "DB level" tinkering. Similarly, we could create DB level logic we've developed and share between different items.

Cheers
    Rick

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Rick,
    myDBR uses normal, database native, stored procedures found on every supported database (MySQL, SQL Server, Sybase ASE and SQL Anywhere). When you write a report in myDBR, you simply write a stored procedures and myDBR renders it to a report. In most cases the separate report layout creation process can be skipped altogether as myDBR does this automatically

You can freely call other stored procedures, functions and anything else supported by your database engine whether they are in myDBR database or in some other database. You can also share all the code created in the database.

--
    myDBR Team

3. elb98rm, Member

That's great news. Many thanks. :)

You must log in to post.