change CSV export delimiter on the fly or on report specific basis?

(4 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. gabem, Member

I'm trying to export a report in a pipe delimited format. I think this is possible by changing the delimiter in the defaults file and then exporting as CSV, but most other delimited exports I need in CSV.

Is it possible to override the delimiter on a report by report basis? Or is there some other way to accomplish an export with a custom (pipe) delimiter while leaving the standard CSV delimiter as a comma?

Thanks in advance,

Gabe

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Yes, you can set all export options dynamically. See export options from myDBR documentation.

--
    myDBR Team

3. gabem, Member

Thanks -- I should have RTFM.

I am, however, having a problem getting the command to change the delimiter dynamically to actually work.

I am using:

select 'dbr.export.options', 'csv.delimiter', '|';

This seems to have no effect when I export to csv -- the default delimiter is used. I also tried changing the csv enclosure and csv line_ending with no effect -- from what I can see, it may be that none of the csv related options are being properly overridden.

I tried changing font_size and exporting to PDF and that worked -- just to verify that the setting of export options is working at all.

Any assistance troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated.

We're using version 3.6.0.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

The CSV options were added in myDBR 3.7.0.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.