Multiple crosstab commands

(6 posts) (3 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. fxnaranjo, Member

Can I use multiple crosstab commands in the same resulset?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

What is it that you would like to do with multiple crosstab commands? How would the result look like?

--
    myDBR Team

3. fxnaranjo, Member

I would like to group some columns of the resultset under a title. And I think having multiple crosstab commands would help to do that.
    Lets say I have this table:

PRODUCT ID COLOR WEIGHT ITEMS_SOLD ITEMS_RETURNED

I would like to give the columns (COLOR and WEIGHT) the tittle INFORMATION
    and the columns(ITEMS_SOLD and ITEMS_RETURNED) the tittle SALES, so the information shown in the table is more understandable. So Using multiple crosstab commands can be used like this:

select 'dbr.croostab',2,4;
    select 'dbr.croostab',5,7;

select PRODUCT ID,
    'INFORMATION',
    COLOR,
    WEIGHT,
    'SALES',
    ITEMS_SOLD,
    ITEMS_RETURNED FROM MY_TABLE

But this only works for the second command, so I get to group the 'SALES' but not the other one. I would like to know if there is any other way to do this.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

What you are doing is not exactly crosstab but additional table header (crosstab just happens to do partly that when you apply it to a constant column). You could add extra table header row now with JavaScript, but we can add it as an feature request to be supported.

--
    myDBR Team

5. rdsoze, Member

How to achieve it via javascript ?

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

myDBR includes dbr.javascript commnd which you can use to invoke a jQuery-call. You need to add a header row (tr) with th elements and suitable css classes.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.