dbr.report popup window field labels

(5 posts) (3 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. Here is a line of my code:

select 'dbr.report', 'sp_DBR_Product_Entry_Edit', '[product]', 'popup', 'zID=[pid]', 'zDescr<=Descr', 'zFulldescr<=Fulldescr', 'zKeywords<=Keywords';

How can I change the labels for the editable fields in the popup? I realize I can change the parameter names, but is there another method?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

The labels are coming from the linked report. When you define the linked report, you can set the visible label used for each parameter. If no labels are defined, parameter names are used.

Btw, no need to use brackets when you do a ColumnReference, i.e instead of zID=[pid] you can just say zID=pid.
    --
    myDBR Team

3. Thanks - got it.

4. adamhaeder, Member

I'm afraid I have the same question and I don't understand your answer. You said "When you define the linked report, you can set the visible label used for each parameter". Where exactly in the linked report do I do that?

5. myDBR Team, Key Master

Adam,
    the linked report is a report as any other report. If a report (any report, linked or not) has parameters, one can define the parameter labels in the report's "Edit Report" form.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.