Report lost

(5 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. I just saved (executed) a report, went to the main menu, ran it and it says it does not exist. Gone. A days work gone. How might I recover?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Sorry to hear if you lost your code.

If you have an error in your report code and you try to save it, depending on the type of the error, databases may not accept the procedure.

myDBR keeps the original code behind the "Original"-tab in the editor and warns if there was an error and the procedure has not been saved into the database. if you happen to miss the warnings and close the browser window, you have a risk losing the code.

To avoid this happening again, run mydbr_sync regularly to get the copy of myDBR objects you have created. If you use a version control, you can combine the sync with it.

--
    myDBR Team

3. I rebuilt the report.

I checked in phpadmin and the stored procedure was gone. Not a good thing. I will try and reconstruct what I was doing to help debug.

4. PS - I didn't miss an error. It executed properly from the editor. When I ran it it just blew. Thanks for the tips - a backup regime is not on my critical path.

5. myDBR Team, Key Master

We're not aware about any problems with saving the procedure. Once the procedure has been saved, it will not be dropped from the database. Let us know if you find any problems.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.