Caret in SQL editor is nearly invisible

(6 posts) (2 voices)
  1. dharkness, Member

The caret that shows you where your typing will appear in the report SQL editor is very thin and light. I have to type to see where the caret is or stick my face right up to the screen. Is there any way to change it to a specific color or have it use Chrome's built-in caret which works fine?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

The caret is actually the normal black caret, but it is seen through another layer (doing the coloring of the source code) which has an opacity value making the caret look bit lighter than usual.

--
    myDBR Team

3. dharkness, Member

Is there any way to change the caret to another color via CSS or some other method?

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Caret is standard OS caret shown through through another layer. If you want t change the color of it, you should change it in OS level.

--
    myDBR Team

5. dharkness, Member

Using Chrome, the caret in this forum editor window is perfectly visible to me: solid black. When I switch tabs to the report editor, the caret is nearly invisible: light gray. Clearly the JavaScript editor library is having some effect.

Can you please tell me the name of the JavaScript library you use for the report editor? If it's open source, perhaps I can find a way to fix it myself and anyone else with this issue.

Thanks!

6. dharkness, Member

I was able to find a work-around that makes the cursor more visible. The problem is caused by the opacity of the <textarea> being set to 0.2 so that the colors from the syntax highlighting behind it show through. I changed it to 0.7 using this user-defined stylesheet:

textarea.hidden { opacity: 0.7 !important; }

You must log in to post.