(5 posts) (2 voices)
  1. elb98rm, Member

Following a successful trial period Ive decided to move this product from a development/testing environment to a live environment, but I'm having some trouble.

The "old" setup was a local linux server talking to its own "localhost" MySQL database. This worked great.

To ensure security of login to myDBR during the The current plan is run the php installation files on this local server and connect to the live MySQL server (an Amazon instance).

After a little mucking around with user priviledges, the re-install script completed and the login screen is shown. However, I cannot seem to log in.

I am using the standard dba/dba login, and I've checked that this is correct in the live user database (user: dba, password: md5 hash of dba).

I noticed some old threads pointing out that permissions need to be modified. Up until then I was using Windows and Webmin/MySQL Workbench, so I jumped onto putty.

I logged onto the server and looked at the system. I currently have folders which follow the pattern:

• mydbr_dev
    • mydbr_live

They had the same owner and permissions, yet dev works and live doesn't. Just to be sure about this, I chowned them to apache (verified as the process owner), and to double bruteforce the answer, I then did chmod and set it to 777.

None of these items have fixed it: I'm still getting "username not found".

To do a final check, I manually inputted a user into the DB. This also fails login.

Are there any other gotchas you guys know about?

Cheers
    Rick

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Without access to the server it is difficult to say. What is the difference between mydbr_live and mydbr_dev other than that they might be pointing into different database?

--
    myDBR Team

3. elb98rm, Member

None - it's a direct copy.

I copied it directly (and even logged into the old database ).
    I then ran the re-install script in order to create/configure the mydbr database on the live server. This (after a few DB permissions tweaks) worked well.

Currently the php folder is 777... this is why I'm a bit confused by it all!

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

One thing to check is that if you web server configuration affects the directories or there is an .htaccess file with configurations. If the other directory works and the other does not, you can try to rename them (swap names) to see if it makes a difference. As this is a configuration issue and we do not have access to the machine, there really is not much we can do to help.

--
    myDBR Team

5. elb98rm, Member

So, lost my patience with a bit... I tried a fresh install the following morning (now) and that seems to have worked (and is also 3.7, not 3.6).

Many thanks.

You must log in to post.