export to file improvements

(5 posts) (2 voices)
  1. brad@foreverybody, Blocked

I have many reports with html images embedded, would it be possible to get those pictures to export with the file somehow? I realize its probably a pain in the butt to parse html columns and extract the images so I won't hold my breath. just a thought cuz I had an employee who needed to compile a spreadsheet containing images for a customer and its frustrating having all the data there including images right in front of you and still having to manually insert the images ;-)

while I have your attention; it seems that the latest update to mydbr has stopped exporting the column names.

EDIT:

one more thing I just noticed. linked reports are exported with the name of the linked report in the right column. This doesn't seem useful however, if it could somehow be a clickable link to the linked report that would be quite useful.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

We'll clean up the export for the next release. No promises on the image export though ;)

--
    myDBR Team

3. brad@foreverybody, Blocked

ha ha. yeah it would be a headache for sure. just a thought.

4. brad@foreverybody, Blocked

I thought of a way easier and probably better way to handle exporting reports with images; I think it would be pretty simple to export the report as an html doc. you know just dump the data in a table tag and ditch all the buttons and things. what do you think?

5. myDBR Team, Key Master

Since image downloading is not likely the main use case for myDBR user, there might be better options for this. For example there are multiple Firefox plugins that are able to download images from a page.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.