Number Formatting Via Dynamic Cellstyle

(5 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

1. thewah, Member

I'm trying for properly format some numbers using the printf style arguments. I am trying to do so via dyanamic styles. I can select the style and it works for color/background/etc formatting, but I can't get it to properly add special characters ($,%).

If I don't do dynamic styling, printf errors out (I have a case statement that returns "N/A" for a number of fields, but the normal styling errors out during printf on character fields)

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

What have you tried?

--
    myDBR Team

3. thewah, Member

Using this for formatting...

select 'dbr.cellstyle','Pay Per Funded Deal','moneystyle';
    select 'dbr.cellstyle','Payroll Adjustment','moneystyle';
    select 'dbr.cellstyle','Personal Funding %','percentstyle';

And this to set the style...

select
    date_format(p.start_date,'%Y/%m') as 'Month',
    [many field removed]
    ,if(month(now()) = month(p.start_date) or month(now())-1 = month(p.start_date),'notfoundstyle',if(special_number>=0,'color:green;$%.2f;','color:red;$%.2f;')) as '[moneystyle]'
    ,if(month(now()) = month(p.start_date) or month(now())-1 = month(p.start_date),'notfoundstyle','%.2f%') as '[percentstyle]'
    from

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

The cellstyle column should only contain a CSS style. You can set the prefix and number of decimals with dbr.colstyle.

--
    myDBR Team

5. thewah, Member

I was originally using colstyle, but it would kick out a printf error when trying to apply formatting to the "N/A" returned by some of the snipped queries (for the two most recent months, it doesn't return a numeric value, but a string).

I was able to get there by just rounding the values to the proper precision and concatenating the special characters, so it eventually worked out.

You must log in to post.