Please make report parameters available to auto complete fields in reports

(7 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. SteveD, Member

I appreciate that the tricky part of this would be what happens when a parameter linked to an auto complete field changes, but the extra functionality of the feature would make any workarounds for that issue more than worthwhile (for me just revert the auto complete field back to an empty field if the linked parameter changes would work).

I have a number of reports that use popup parameters that contain hundreds of options, and while a sort of shortcut is available on desktop reports (type first letter of parameter) these same reports on mobiles are an absolute nightmare to use with constant scrolling.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

What do you mean by this? The autocomplete procedure could refer to other parameters the way connected parameters do (mydbr_param1 etc)?

--
    myDBR Team

3. SteveD, Member

How would you declare such a procedure?

For a popup procedure the definition is CREATE PROCEDURE sp_DBR_puBins @mydbr_param4 int
    For an auto complete procedure the definition is CREATE PROCEDURE sp_DBR_luBins @inTitle varchar(10)

How do we create a procedure that takes both the @mydbr_param4 int (for the linked parameter) and @inTitle varchar(10) (for the text lookup).

Declaring it as CREATE PROCEDURE sp_DBR_luBins @mydbr_param4 int, @inTitle varchar(10) results in the error: DB error: Error converting data type varchar to int.
    Declaring it as CREATE PROCEDURE sp_DBR_luBins @inTitle varchar(10), @mydbr_param4 int results in the error: DB error: Procedure or function 'sp_DBR_luBins' expects parameter '@mydbr_param4', which was not supplied.

It appears as though both the text used for lookups and the linked parameter value have to be the first declared variables?

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

There is currently no such functionality in autocomplete variables. We were merely asking more information about what the feature request should include as the first post was not clear to us.

--
    myDBR Team

5. SteveD, Member

Oh right sorry, I thought you were saying it already supported it :)

In answer to your question (The autocomplete procedure could refer to other parameters the way connected parameters do (mydbr_param1 etc)?) Yes, that is absolutely what I mean.

6. SteveD, Member

Is this something we could see in future updates of MyDBR, or is there some alternative method of making an additional parameter available to auto complete fields?

7. myDBR Team, Key Master

We've added it to the TODO list.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.