Make custom user information available to reports

(2 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. SteveD, Member

Would it be possible to add one or more additional automatic parameter to MyDBR that are linked to user id's or groups (ideally both), that work along the lines of the inLogin command?

Whilst being able to retrieve a users username is somewhat useful, being able to retrieve additional user specific custom information would be even more useful.

As an example I have users divided into 3 distinct areas, the USA, UK and South Africa, I want all users to see data that is only relevant to their area. At present the only ways to accomplish this are by either writing three versions of each MyDBR report or creating some form of lookup table. Being able to assign each user an area/location that could be retrieved by reports similar to the way their username is at present would allow me to create each report just once and use this additional value to limit the area information available to each user or group. Obviously doing it by group would be more complex, as users can be members of multiple groups, but the facility to add a custom variable to users would still be useful.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Steve,
    you can determine the user's groups using the inLogin-automatic parameter by utilizing the myDBR's internal tables (mydbr_groups/mydbr_groupsusers).

No need to create separate versions of the report, just use the user's group information to limit the data.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.