Email text version with HTML emails?

(5 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

1. duane, Member

Hi,

First - congrats on the new release - it seems to have a few more of the items from my wish list http://mydbr.com/forums/topic.php?id=649 (I haven't tried them yet) :-)

I noticed when recently (a few days ago) that when I used the dbr.mail function to send HTML emails (each customised to the recipient in the HTML body that when I view them via Gmail, they all have the exact same plain text version (of the first recipient) despite the HTML version being different.

So - my question is if the plain-text version is being auto-generated by MyDBR, or perhaps by the smtp client or gmail? If one isn't being provided by MyDBR, perhaps it should (even if auto-generated by code that simply rips the HTML from the email) since some phones and other clients (including Gmail preview) use this. Plus if each email has confidential information/links in it (as it may so for reports) then having a plain-text version that is all the same for everyone despite thew html version is obviously a privacy/security risk (not to MyDBR but to the information people are publishing via MyDBR).

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

We'll take a look at the plaintext/html difference. Sounds like a bug in underlying library, but we'll take a closer look.

--
    myDBR Team

3. myDBR Team, Key Master

This has now been fixed. Run the updater to get the latest build.

--
    myDBR Team

4. duane, Member

If there was an Oscar for customer service, you guys would be my vote! (and you can quote me on that!)

5. myDBR Team, Key Master

Quoted.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.