Mail attachments

(6 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. hoxa, Member

When i add a report url as attachment, the generated pdf can not be opened.
    The reports require default parameters and have the flag Autoexecute on.
    My guess is that the pdf is generated on the paramater page instead of the actual report.
    Is there a possibility to wait until the default parameters are set before generating the pdf, or have the parameterized url returned upon request so that one can be added as mail attachment?

I have a lot of reports which are scheduled to be sent from a script and the easiest way is to just add the direct url to the report, instead of adding all default parameters because they aren't consistent for each report.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

We tried to replicate same behavior but could not find any problems.

Does the same attachment URL generate valid PDF-file when run directly? Are you using wkhtmltopdf?

Could you send the generated PDF file to support, if it is not empty.

--
    myDBR Team

3. hoxa, Member

When i run the url directly I first see the parameter page and then get redirected to the report pdf shortly after. This gives no problems.

I also followed the same example as provided in the docs:
    select 'dbr.mail'; select 'dbr.mail.sender', 'mary@company.com', 'Mary Cotton'; select 'dbr.mail.attach', 'report.pdf', 'http://myserver.com/mydbr/report.php?r=184&h=ee5f3bfee6e1384ccf52e151bcc2081aa367adeb&export=pdf';

select 'john@company.com', 'John Doe', 'Notification', concat('Here is the latest report', char(10), '-- ', char(10), 'Mary');

but the url is provided as param

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Did you have the wkhtmltopdf installed?

--
    myDBR Team

5. hoxa, Member

Yes i have

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

Could you send the generated PDF file to support, if it is not empty.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.