Upgrade Fatal Exception

(6 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. ahowie, Member

I'm trying to run the auto update to 3.8.0 but I keep getting the following error:

( ! ) Fatal error: Exceptions must be valid objects derived from the Exception base class in ~FILEPATH/mydbr/install/model/update_model.php on line 188

I had similar problems installing myDBR originally and had to do the manual install. Once I did this everything worked fine.

What should I try to get the updater to run?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

The error message myDBR is trying to show, is that not all files under myDBR directory are writable by the web server (myDBR cannot update these files). There is no reason however that there would be any problems showing the actual error message (like your error with Exceptions).

There are two things you might want to check:

1) Check that your ionCube loader is up to date as older versions of ionCube loader had problems with PHP exceptions.
    2) Check your file permissions under myDBR-directory

--
    myDBR Team

3. ahowie, Member

Thanks for your response. I've checked and the problem was with permissions. I'm happy to say it has updated correctly.

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

Please check also your ionCube version, as it most likely is another problem that you have. This may lead to unexpected problems.

--
    myDBR Team

5. ahowie, Member

The details for ionCube and my PHP setup are:

PHP 5.2.14 (cli) (built: Aug 12 2010 17:10:15)
    Copyright (c) 1997-2010 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
    with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.2.2, Copyright (c) 2002-2012, by ionCube Ltd., and
    with XCache v1.2.2, Copyright (c) 2005-2007, by mOo
    with Xdebug v2.1.2, Copyright (c) 2002-2011, by Derick Rethans

6. myDBR Team, Key Master

OK,
    you have the latest ionCube, so that was not causing the problem. If the problem arises again, you need to figure out the reason.

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.