Installation script fails to start - returns 0 byte page

(5 posts) (2 voices)
  1. myDBR Team, Key Master

Since most of the pages on uninstalled myDBR redirects to the install pages, it could be that web server is having troubles accessing those pages.

Make sure that all files under myDBR are owned by the web server and in order to see all error messages, change the php.ini to include all error messages (error_reporting = E_ALL).

--
    myBBR Team

2. jrifkin, Blocked

Thanks for the reply.

> Since most of the pages on uninstalled myDBR redirects to the install pages
    Are you referring to the following line?

include('install/loader.php');

If so, the login.php script contains that line, and it loads fine. In any case I reset the
    ownership of the web pages, but there was no change.

I think the E_ALL setting helped - now I'm seeing this in the Apache error_log each time I try to load the install page,

[Fri May 28 17:35:46 2010] [notice] child pid 31160 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

Of course the pid value varies. I can verify that the processes named are actually terminated.

By the way, maybe the problem has something to do with the fact that I'm using Suse Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 10.1. I repeated the installation procedure on Ubuntu 10.4 and it worked fine. However, our production server is running SLES10.1, so that's where I need MyDBR.

I'm going to try another SLES sever when I get a chance to see if that changes anything.

Thanks again.

3. myDBR Team, Key Master

Are you referring to the following line?
    include('install/loader.php');

That line is there just in case the ionCube is not loaded. When myDBR starts it checks that if the installation is needed and redirects itself to the install script.

Make sure that you use the latest version of ionCube loaders if you are using PHP 5.3.

--
    myBBR Team

4. jrifkin, Blocked

OK, I think I found the definitive answer: Ioncube fails with SLES 10.1 ...

http://forum.ioncube.com/viewtopic.php?t=749

I'm going to try installing PHP from source and see if that helps.

Thanks for your effort.

You must log in to post.