myDBR SSO is working but not properly

(8 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. radhey_krish, Member

Hi myDBR Team,
    I implemented mydbr SSO in my project, When I logged in my application then SSO is working but when I execute /mydbr/index.php file then it shows previous logged name or blank. The current logged name is displaying when I click on "logout" link and then click on "Not done yet?"link in /mydbr/thankyou.html. How can I fix it this problem?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

when I execute /mydbr/index.php file then it shows previous logged name or blank

Where does it show the previous logged name or blank?

Sounds like that you have not implemented the logout process in SSO if you need to log out manually to get current username. Showing blank as username (if that is in myDBR) would implicate that you have some work with the actual SSO implementation as well.

Please see the documentation about Single Sign-On (SSO) integration.

--
    myDBR Team

3. radhey_krish, Member

Where need to put this line(/mydbr/logout.php?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmyserver.com%2Fservice) for logout process in SSO?

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

When user logs out from your application, your application needs to tell myDBR to log out the user with the URL provided. Otherwise user session in myDBR remains open. While user has a session in myDBR, myDBR already knows who the user is and does not ask authentication from your application.

Hence failing to log out user from myDBR when user is logged out from your application may lead into a situation where user is logged into your application and into myDBR with different username. This is not desired behavior.

--
    myDBR Team

5. radhey_krish, Member

Thank you so much mydbr team for your instance response.

6. radhey_krish, Member

When I am calling /mydbr/logout.php inside my logout() function in my application then I was not being logout from mydbr and still showing the logged user name of my application. For checking purpose when I am running "/mydbr/index.php" manually on browser but it still showing the previously logged user name. below is my logout function
    function logout() {
    $portal_host = $this->read('portal_host');
    $this->Session->del('User');
    // first try include function but it did not work
    //include('http://info.mysitename.com/delta/app/mydbr/logout.php');
    // Then try the curl for executing logout.php of mydbr
    // create a new cURL resource
    $ch = curl_init();
    // set URL and other appropriate options
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, "http://info.mysitename.com/delta/app/mydbr/logout.php");
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
    // grab URL and pass it to the browser
    $rest = curl_exec($ch);
    // close cURL resource, and free up system resources
    curl_close($ch);
    $this->redirect(array('controller'=>'member', 'action'=>'login', 'plugin'=>null));
    }
    Tell me what is the problem? and why not logout mydbr session due to logout of my application.

7. myDBR Team, Key Master

User PHP's header-function to redirect the browser to the logout instead using curl as curl's session is not the same as the browser's session. By providing the url-parameter to the logout.php you can come back to your application.

--
    myDBR Team

8. radhey_krish, Member

Extremely thanks myDBR,
    Now mydbr logout implemented in SSO and special thanks for letting me know about the line "curl's session is not the same as the browser's session".

You must log in to post.