Error with Time Export to Excel

(4 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

1. thewah, Member

I have a report that generates time summaries in HH:MM:SS format. Currently it works fine in MyDBR, the PDF export is fine, the CSV export is fine...but the Excel export has a problem with any time values under 24 hours. It automatically converts them into the decimal equivalent for the part of the day. (i.e. the first record with under 24 hours displays "0.99728" instead of "23:56:05" as it shows in all the others versions. Records with greater than 24 hours display correctly). As noted, the time shows up correctly formatted in all other exports and the live version.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

We do not seem to be able to replicate this one.

Could you send the output from the SQL Editor to support email as an attachment, when you turn on the "Output as SQL" option and call the report using exec/call (Query 1 tab).

--
    myDBR Team

3. thewah, Member

Turns out this was a combination of two things happening. First up, Excel automatically formats HH:MM:SS as a fraction of the day natively. However, it can't do so for values over 24 hours...so all the over 24 hours were presented in the format of the report, while those under 24 were being converted by Excel. A quick CTRL-1 format got it all cleaned up thanks!

I did notice, however, that I am losing some cellstyle formatting when exporting to Excel. I am going to do some more testing, but it should retain that formatting when exported, correct?

4. myDBR Team, Key Master

We do not seem to be able to replicate this one.

Could you send the output from the SQL Editor to support email as an attachment, when you turn on the "Output as SQL" option and call the report using exec/call (Query 1 tab).

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.