Image header row in table output

(3 posts) (2 voices)
  1. situ, Member

Hi

I need advice on if there is a better way to achieve the result I want.

I wish to have a table output in my report. The header row of the table needs to include some graphic images. In other words each column has its own graphic image.

I have currently done this using a MySQL union of 3 selects.

For row one which includes dbr.purehtml tags to pull the image into each cell
      The body that include the data
      The footer that include the totals of the data

This as you can see presents problems in that many of the dbr.* do not wrk effectively across union'ed tables. For example dbr.sum, dbr.count, dbr.colstyle etc.

I am not keen on using the template capabilities because that is a big change that could present a whole new set of challenges.

Is there a better way to embed graphics into a header row so as to avoid using union structures? Or am I wrong on dbr.sum should work in the scenario I have.

Thx

Simon

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

The easiest way to add images to headers is to use dbr.header.colclass which attaches a CSS-class to the header. You can then set the CSS background-image.

Could you show the code so we could have a better understanding what your current code looks like. Please use the "Output as SQL" option in SQL Editor. If you are showing sensitive data, use the support email.

This as you can see presents problems in that many of the dbr.* do not wrk effectively across union'ed tables. For example dbr.sum, dbr.count, dbr.colstyle etc.

We're not aware of any problems with union'ed tables. Could you elaborate what the problem is?

--
    myDBR Team

3. situ, Member

Your absolutely right there is not a problem union tables it was "user" error on my part.

I will explore the CSS solution some more.

Many thanks

Simon

You must log in to post.