How to handle the foreign(Japanese,Chinese,Korean etc) characters

(8 posts) (2 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. radhey_krish, Member

Hello myDBR Team,

How can I handle the foreign(Japanese,Chinese,Korean etc) characters in report without changing the
    Collation and engine type of table. My reports have lot of title in different-different country languages and how can I display the title correctly.
    Please give me ideas or manual page for it.

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

myDBR uses uft8 character internally. If your tables contain special characters, they should show up without any extra effort.

--
    myDBR Team

3. radhey_krish, Member

I don't want to change the collate of table. Currently table has collate=latin1_swedish_ci for title column.Is there any other way handle the foreign(Japanese,Chinese,Korean etc) characters in mydbr reports for correctly display the records?

4. radhey_krish, Member

Still waiting for response

5. myDBR Team, Key Master

Radhey,
    database table (and column) has two attributes which determine what kind of data they can store and how data is handled. The table's charset determines what characters can be used and table's collation determined how values are compared to eachother (sorting).

If you wish to store characters from Japanese, Chinese, Korean, you should use UTF8 as charset and utf8_general_ci/utf8_unicode_ci as collation.

myDBR uses UTF8 internally and supports any unicode characters (including Japanese, Chinese and Korean).

--
    myDBR Team

6. radhey_krish, Member

This is my unicode character set of foreign characters "Zebra Technologies 与 IBM 在条形码和专业 打印解决方案方面进行协作,以促进生产力的提&#39640"

and I made a table with collation utf8_general_ci and stored above value as it is in the table but when I run my reports then its display as it. I want so like below foreign charters

Zebra Technologies 与 IBM 在条形码和专业 打印解决方案方面进行协作,以促进生产力的提高 ) )

How can I do this

7. radhey_krish, Member

Please look in view source of this page then my unicode characters will show correctly and then tell me how to display in the reports correctly

8. myDBR Team, Key Master

Radhey,
    Make sure your table is also created to use charset utf8.

As said, myDBR works fine with any UTF8 data.

http://mydbr.com/demo/mydbr/report.php?r=123&m=12&h=f834591a7f44693ebde737de7ccaefa470db0c9b

--
    myDBR Team

You must log in to post.