Mobile date format problem

(11 posts) (3 voices)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. jreed, Member

Hello,

I've noticed a problem with the mobile version with regarding dates. If I set my date format to M-D-Y then the date filters on the mobile version do not work. If I have my date format set to Y-M-D then it works fine. I do not experience this problem on the desktop version.

The problem seems to be that the mobile version is always converting the dates to Y-M-D in the URL, regardless of your preferences. So if your preference is M-D-Y then you get no results.

Also, on the mobile version there are two different date selectors for the date filter. (two separate buttons next to the date field) One doesn't seem to work at all. If I select a date in the picker it just clears out the date field. The other seems to populate the field properly.

I've tested on Chrome, Dolphin Browser and Firefox for Android. I've also tested in Chrome for desktop and setting my User Agent to iOS 5 and screen resolution set to 640x960. The results are consistent on all browsers/platforms I've tested. I've noticed this problem since we started using myDBR about 6 months ago, and just upgraded to the latest v3.9. Unfortunately, the problem still exists.

Thanks!

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    run the updater to get the latest build which includes a fix for this.

Thanks for reporting the issue.

--
    myDBR Team

3. jreed, Member

The update fixed the problem. Thanks!

- Jim

4. jreed, Member

Unfortunately, after more testing I found the latest update broke the table sorting on the desktop version (haven't tried on Mobile version). When I click the table header the sort icon displays for ascending/descending, but the order of the data does not change.

Thanks,
    - Jim

5. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    we're not aware of any problems with sorting. Could you send the generated report as an attachment using Output as SQL into support email. We can take a look what might be causing this for you.

--
    myDBR Team

6. jreed, Member

We have around 50 reports and the sorting does not work on any of them after the latest update. I tried just doing a simple "SELECT myfield FROM mytable" and the sort does not work. This has nothing to do with the query since the sort is done on the client side via JavaScript.

I've reproduced the problem on Chrome on Win 8, IE 10 on Win 8 and Chrome on Android (Mobile).

7. myDBR Team, Key Master

Hi,
    as said, we're not aware of any problems with sorting.

Could you try to run updater again to see if it helps. If not, could you see the browser's JavaScript log what is causing the problem. If you cannot find the problem and your server is online, we can also take a look at it.

--
    myDBR Team

8. jreed, Member

Hello,

I spoke to my colleague and he told me this has been a problem from the start. One of the JS files has a bad character in it that breaks the JS. Apparently he fixed it manually by removing the hidden character, but when I ran the update his fix was over-written. I'm not sure why others haven't reported this problem. Here's the JS error in the console:

Uncaught ReferenceError: Â is not defined jquery.tablesorter.min.js?v=2031:616

I get this error whenever I click the table header to sort.

Thanks,
    Jim

9. myDBR Team, Key Master

Jim,
    There was indeed a bad character in a .js file. We've fixed this and created a new build. You can run the updater and your sorting should be re-enabled.

Why this only caused problems with you remains open though.

Thanks for pointing this out.

--
    myDBR Team

10. jreed, Member

Hello,

I ran the update and the sorting problem is fixed! Thanks!

- Jim

11. dharkness, Member

Thanks so much for fixing this! :)

You must log in to post.