Display-only parameter in editable linked report

(8 posts) (3 voices)
  1. dharkness, Member

I have a linked report for editing some of the values in the row, but on the popup that appears I want to show some uneditable values from the row. Is there a way to disable the fields so the user doesn't think they can change them?

The stored procedure ignores the values passed into it from the popup so there's no fear of the user accidentally changing a value. But I don't want the user to think they should be able to change those values and submit bugs when they cannot.

For example, the items table has item_id, name, and price. The user can change an item's name and price but not the ID. However, products are known by their item ID and so I want to show it on the popup. Is this possible?

select 'dbr.report', 'sp_DBR_Tier_Edit', '[ID]', 'popup',
           'inItemId=[ID]', 'inName<=[Name]', 'inPrice<=[Price]';
                    ^

The = causes the parameter to be hidden, and the <= allows the parameter to be modified. Is there another form that shows and disables the parameter?

2. myDBR Team, Key Master

There is none at the moment. We can add one though as it might be an useful addition.

--
    myDBR Team

3. dharkness, Member

That would be a very useful addition! :)

4. shhedrick, Member

I would find this useful also.

5. myDBR Team, Key Master

Display only parameter has been added to the latest build. Use syntax 'inName*=[Name]' to make a parameter to be display only.

--
    myDBR Team

6. dharkness, Member

This doesn't work for me on 3.9.4. First I tried simply adding an asterisk to the PK parameter.

select 'dbr.report', ..., 'inId*=[ID]', ...;

Next I tried adding the PK as a second parameter with an asterisk (and also to the child stored procedure to match).

select 'dbr.report', ..., 'inId=[ID]', 'inDisplayId*=[ID]', ...;

In both cases the popup report showed a blank value for inId when editing an existing row and gave an error when saving the row: "Report security hash does not match. Report execution aborted."

7. myDBR Team, Key Master

There was an issue in display only parameter. Just run the updater to get the latest build and you should be fine.

Btw, no need to use brackets when you refer to columns in parameters, "inId*=ID" will work just fine.

--
    myDBR Team

8. dharkness, Member

Works great. Thanks!

You must log in to post.